This is a sponsored post from Disney Music and One2One Network. All opinions are my own.Are you a fan of Disney music? What about their JAZZ music? They're about to release an album, Jazz Loves Disney, of thirteen songs you'll be sure to love, with songs from old favorites like Lady and the Tramp to newer movies like Frozen.
We're big Disney movie fans in our household, going back a long way. Whenever we hear songs from their movies, it almost always triggers a smile and memories of days gone by. The jazz songs more so then others because they aren't the singalong variety.
Raphael Gualazzi performs "I Wanna Be Like You" from the Jungle Book on the album. Here's what he has to say about the album.
There are a lot of Disney Movies I loved as a child and are still in my heart. The Jungle Book is my favorite one, I love characters and funny scenes. In Italy we have Disney movies every Christmas and I used to watch them. I loved the bad guys and the thief of “101 Dalmatians”.
I want to give back the happiness and the funny aspect of these songs. I would like to contribute and bring my sensibility, the way I feel music, the way I feel the theme. I’m honored to share “bare necessities” with Melody Gardot, she’s one of the most important voices of the recent generation.For me, I really like playing jazz in the background when I'm trying to relax at the end of a long day. The Disney songs on the Jazz Loves Disney album do a great job to help out there. My two favorite songs on the album would have to be "When You Wish Upon a Star" from Pinocchio by Gregory Porter and "You've Got a Friend in Me" from Toy Story by Hugh Coltman, just because of the memories bring.
1. Jamie Cullum – "Everybody Wants To Be A Cat" – from The Aristocats
2. Melody Gardot – "He’s A Tramp" – from Lady And The Tramp
3. Stacey Kent – "Bibbidi Bobbodo Boo" (French version) – from Cinderella
4. Gregory Porter – "When You Wish Upon A Star" – from Pinocchio
5. China Moses – "Why Don’t You Do Right" – from Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
6. Raphaël Gualazzi – "I Wanna Be Like You" – from The Jungle Book
7. The Rob Mounsey Orchestra – "A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes" – from Cinderella
8. Hugh Coltman – "You’ve Got A Friend In Me" – from Toy Story
9. Anne Sila – "Let It Go" – from Frozen
10. Melody Gardot & Raphaël Gualazzi – "The Bare Necessities" – from The Jungle Book
11. Laika – "Once Upon A Dream" – from Sleeping Beauty
12. Nikki Yanofsky -"Someday My Prince Will Come" – from Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs
13. The Hot Sardines – I Wanna Be Like You (French & English version) – from The Jungle Book (US release only)
The Jazz Loves Disney Album comes out on November 18th and you can purchase the album from either iTunes or Amazon.
*Read my Disclosure