End of Summer #iSwimBand Review
Disclosure: Barbara's Beat was provided an iSwimBand to review in exchange for our honest opinion.
Host: Barbara's BeatThanks to all the bloggers promoting this giveaway.
It may be time for school to begin in some areas of the country, but the temperatures and the calendar says it's still summer. Some families are even getting in another family beach vacation before fall begins.
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) estimates nearly 300 children younger than five drown in swimming pools and spas. And more than 3,200 children that age go to hospital emergency rooms due to submersion injuries in pools and spas annually.
Barbara's Beat received an iSwimband to review which provides an extra layer of protection in and around water. It's a wearable drowning detection device.
Using the iSwimBand is easy to install and makes me feel much more at ease. Even with supervision and utilizing an iSwimband to prevent drowning, we must be responsible and adhere to common-sense rules of swim safety.
A free app is loaded to your IOS or Android device to monitor the iSwimBand the swimmer is wearing. As shown in the box above, you have a choice to wear it on your head or arm like Kristen is doing.
The app alerts you very loudly when a child is submerged too long or a non swimmer has fallen into the water. Watch the video below.
I was shocked to learn most drownings happen when adults are supervising. It takes 20 seconds for a person to drown.
I love the iSwimBand so much I don't want Kristen to ever swim without one. Now, you can get one, too. Enter the giveaway below.
- iSwimband is a wearable drowning detection device that was developed to reduce the risk of preventable drownings.
- Did you know that drowning is one of the top five causes of death for people ages one to 14 years in 48 of 85 countries?
- Drowning is the second leading cause of accidental death of children under 18 in the US
- Drowning is the number one cause of accidental death of children in 18 states in the US.
- For every drowning victim, 5-7 near-drowning victims, primarily children, suffer from some type of neurological damage.
- Amazingly, 88% of drownings and near-drownings occur with some type of supervision present.
- Most drownings could have been prevented.
- iSwimBands are an early warning system that prevents drownings by alerting parents through their iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch
Dates: Aug. 17-Sept. 17
Open to the U.S., 18+
Prize: One person will win an iSwimBand Single Pack RV $39.99.
The more entries you complete, the better your chances are to win. Good luck.
Disclaimer: Barbara's Beat along with all bloggers promoting this giveaway, are not responsible for the prize. The sponsor will responsible for prize fulfillment. Any Questions about this giveaway email firstname.lastname@example.org.Disclosure: Barbara's Beat received the products mentioned above for free to facilitate the writing of the reviews. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.
a Rafflecopter giveaway