So what makes Project Smoke different?
- Unique content: this will be the first-ever how-to TV show to focus exclusively on smoking. Hot smoking. Cold smoking. Smoke-roasting. Rotisserie smoking. Smoking with wood, spices, herbs, and hay (really).
- Epic food. The traditional smoked foods you hunger for, such as smoke-roasted prime rib, Jamaican jerk chicken, barbecued pork belly, kippered salmon, smokehouse ham, and made-from-scratch bacon and pastrami. Plus dishes that redefine your notion of smoking, from smoky Manhattans to smoked creamed corn to smoked cheesecake.
- An awesome collection of smokers: stick burners, upright barrel smokers, ceramic cookers, electric smokers, charcoal- and wood-burning grills, plus stovetop smokers and handheld smoking devices.
- A stunning new location: in Arizona's Sonoran Desert, where we brought in smokers from around North America and recipes from around the world.
- A strong emphasis on grass-fed beef, heritage pork, organic poultry and produce, and wild seafood, with a strong message that what your food eats and how it's raised matters as much as how it's smoked.
- Unique behind-the-scenes footage in each episode-from our field kitchen to the control room-to show you how we put Steven Raichlen's Project Smoke together.
101. Smoking 101
How to harness the flavor-enhancing power of smoke, starting with the essential techniques of hot smoking, cold smoking, and smoke-roasting, using an electric smoker, offset smoker, and upright barrel smoker.
- Cold-Smoked Scallops with Smoked Tomatoes andJicama Mango Salsa
- Smoke-Roasted Chicken with Horseradish Dip
- Smoked Baby Back Ribs with Prickly Pear Barbecue Sauce
If you want to enjoy the perfect ratio of crust to meat to fat, smoke a shoulder or belly. We show you how with a ceramic cooker, offset smoker, electric smoker, and handheld smoking device.
- Barbecued Pork Belly
- House-Cured Pastrami
- Barbecued Lamb Shoulder with Black Dip
- Smoked Manhattan
A Project Smoke makeover of an American smoked classic, with innovative techniques such as reverse searing and Chinese tea smoking.
- Smoked Shrimp Cocktail with Chipotle Orange Cocktail Sauce
- Smoked Planked Trout with Caper Dill Sauce
- Reverse Seared Tri-Tip with Smoked Tomato Salsa
- Tea-Smoked Duck with Hoisin Barbecue Sauce
*Read my Disclosure