Ads 468x60px

Saturday, July 19, 2014

What Do You Do with a Huge Black-staining Polypore?

Black-staining Polypore
So, we have this huge mushroom growing in our backyard. Besides sauteing it with butter, what do you do with it? I'm not interested in cooking and eating it. I just want to get rid of it, and prefer it didn't grow back. Supposedly, it is edible. Do you call a local chef and see if they want? If you could sell it, how much do you charge? Appreciate any thoughts.

Have something similar that you're not sure of? You can submit pictures to Mushroom Observer and someone there will help identify it for you.

3 comments:

  1. It's really quite beautiful....

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a mushroom? I don't think I'd eat it. I've heard too many horror stories about eating mushrooms.

    ReplyDelete